SINGULARITY UNIVERSITY GLOBAL SUMMIT INTERVIEWS
I am just back from the three-day bonanza that was the Singularity University
Global Summit in San Francisco. I had the opportunity to interview a whole bunch of amazing people in front of Singularity Hub
’s Facebook Live cameras. Instead of writing a proper post today, I uploaded all interviews to YouTube for you to enjoy:
- Andreas Gal, Silk Labs — We talk about IoT, why the connected home doesn’t work (yet), why it is hard to program for IoT and what’s next.
- Andy Billings, Electronic Arts — We dug into Andy’s work on “creative profitability,” how games are used for creativity and what it means to be innovative.
- Bob Richards, Moon Express — Bob and I geeked out on his company’s plans to send robots to the moon, the legal implications of harvesting resources on the moon and why it’s important to be in space.
- Tracy DeMiroz, Kasisto — Tracy gave us a deep dive into their AI platform, how to build truly engaging chatbots and what is coming down the pike regarding AI.
- Shannon Farley, FastFWD — FastFWD is the only accelerator specifically for non-profit tech organizations; Shannon and I discuss her work, how she supports her entrepreneurs and how they are different from other founders.
- Abi Ramanan, Impact Vision — Abi’s startup is using hyper spectral imaging and computer vision to reduce food waste; in this section, we geek out on what that means, how it works and what it means for the future of the “sell by-date.”
- Sylvia Earle, Oceanographer & Explorer — Sylvia has been called a “Living Legend” by the US Congress, her work focused on the oceans is some of the most inspiring you can find anywhere. This interview was a complete highlight for me.
- Nicolas Alcala, Future Lighthouse — Nicolas and I explore the leading edge of VR, storytelling and how entertainment will look in the future.
- Mark Brand, Social Entrepreneur — One of the most grounded, hardest working social entrepreneurs with a huge mission and amazing impact, Mark is using food to address pressing issues in our communities.
- Salim Ismail, ExO Works — Salim and I have a wide ranging, unfiltered conversation about exponential tech, society and the meaning of life.
- Galen Buckwalter, psyML — A leading authority in the space of psychometrics, Galen now works on making AIs and robots (more) human.
Build What Matters.